Plastic Diaphragm Check Valves
Plastic Check Valves for Vacuum and Fluidic Applications
Plastic diaphragm check valves are small check valves used to control flow in vacuum or pressure lines by allowing flow in one direction but not in the opposite direction. This prevents unwanted and potentially damaging backflow. The design of these compact, low pressure check valves is such that they will operate in any orientation.
Uses and Applications
Diaphragm check valves are necessary for all kinds of low pressure air, gas and fluidic systems. Because of this, miniature check valves are found in a wide range of applications. Some examples include air mattresses, aquariums, under-the-hood vacuum systems (heating and cooling for automotive), windshield washers, reverse osmosis systems, air tanks, pumps, and prosthetics.
Learn more about how diaphragm check valves work.
Features and Benefits
- Variety of body and diaphragm materials for broad chemical compatibility
- Low cracking pressure options for quick response
- Sonically welded to remain securely bonded under recommended conditions
- Connection style options include threaded, barbed, non-barbed and Luer
- Maximum operating pressures up to 50psi
ISM’s selection of low operating pressure check valves supports application flexibility. See our parts list. Technical specifications are also available in our catalog by selecting a product below.
Straight Shaft Check Valves (CV Series)
- Available with Nylon or polypropylene housings
- Non-barbed end connections are offered in 1/8” or 1/4”
Single Barb Check Valves (CV Series)
- Housing materials offered are Nylon, polypropylene or Kynar
- Hose barbed connections range from 3/16” to 5/16”
Triple Barb Check Valves (CV Series)
- Available with Nylon or Kynar housings
- 3/8” hose barb connections
Polysulfone & Polypropylene Check Valves (C Series)
- 1/16”, 1/8” I.D. and 10-32 female threads available
- Body materials include polypropylene and polysulfone
Precision Molded Check Valves (CVN Series)
- Housing materials offered are Kynar, Nylon, polypropylene or polycarbonate
- Connection sizes range from 3/16” to 3/8”
Acrylic Barbed Check Valves (CVRT Series)
- Acrylic body with a silicone seal
- Hose barb sizes include 1/8”, 3/16”, 1/4” and 3/8”